The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Friday, June 23, 2006

guess what came in the mail

Some happy happy yarn came in the mail yesterday:



Socks That Rock, in Jasper and Lemongrass. And boy, did I need it, because it seems my glucose blood test was high on Wednesday, and I have to go in for a three hour test to determine if I have gestational diabetes. Which, bummer. Luckily, I suppose, I was going back for the 4-D ultrasound on Thursday anyway, so that will give me something to do in between testing at hour 1, hour 2, and hour 3. The silver lining is to think about how much knitting I can get done with 3 whole hours of waiting room time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

*fingers crossed for good test results*

Gorgeous yarn at least...

11:03 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Ugh, ew, that's awful....but that yarn! You'll have to let me know what you think of it right away - I'm reallllly curious about STR yarn.

11:41 AM  
Blogger aija said...

Here's hoping all you get from the 3 hours is some knitting done... fingers crossed too :)

Great STR choices though!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Gina L said...

I love that lemongrass!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Love the yarn! And you'll survive the test... just try to think of it as a wonderful opportunity for some quiet time. I think at this point I'd volunteer for a test just for some uninterrupted knitting! :-)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sandra D. said...

What an artful presentation of your new yarn. And gorgeous yarn, too. You are such a positive person thinking about your knitting during all that waiting time. I'll echo the wish that what you get out of that is knitting and a clean bill of health!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home