The Rocket

Knitting, pregnancy, and other stuff

Saturday, June 24, 2006

embossed leaves part 2

Thank you so much for all your kind thoughts. I am trying to think positive thoughts and remind myself that this was just one test, and the next one might be more positive. By being negative. :)

Now that the brother-in-law socks are finished (yay!), I am making more progress on the Trekalong socks, the Embossed Leaves from the Winter 2005 Interweave Knits. I made a pair for my sister-in-law, whose feet are slightly larger than mine, on US 1 needles, so I decided to make the pair for myself on US 0s, so that the pattern would be pulled tighter and show up better. I think if I make these in Trekking again, I will add another repeat on the leg, and maybe do that repeat on US 1s as well. (I did the ribbing on 1s, for these- if I had done it on the 0s, there's no way I'd be able to get it over my heel. No. Way.)



I am very excited about the Socks That Rock. Not having used it yet, just wound it into balls, it's incredibly soft. I got the Jasper in medium weight and the Lemongrass in light weight, so I should be able to report on both, in due time. Eventually. (Has anyone used the heavy weight? It seemed a little thick to me, but I bet it would make good boot socks.)

Now if y'all will excuse me, we went to the Farmer's Market this morning, and I have some blueberries to eat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gina L said...

Wow you are a sock knitting machine. Your brother and sister in law are very lucky to receive such beautiful gifts.

3:44 AM  
Blogger rene said...

Gina, that's only a fraction of my madness. I decided every member of my immediate family is getting a pair of socks (or gloves, but it's turned out to be mostly socks) before September to celebrate their becoming aunt/uncles/grandparents. As amazing as it seems to my procrastinaty self, I only have one pair left!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Those are so pretty!! I cannot WAIT to get to North Carolina this weekend and pick up some Trekking from my mom's LYS. Well, one of my mom's LYSs...I have one fantastic one, she has THREE. (I'm so glad my folks moved to NC.)

9:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They are lovely!! And only one pair left out of your goal? Yay!!

This post and your next one just showed up in bloglines a few minutes ago... I didn't vanish. :)

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home